Our team has been working incredibly hard over the past few weeks to formulate and produce a new Antiseptic Hand Sanitizer with Hyaluronic Acid to join the collective effort in manufacturing sanitizer during these challenging times. As per Health Canada's advice for COVID-19, practicing proper hygiene can help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others. This includes washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
Kalaya Antiseptic Hand Sanitizer with Hyaluronic Acid
Manufactured at a fully-licensed GMP facility and with the expertise of our Medical Team, we have developed a unique hand sanitizing formula that is not only effective in destroying bacteria and germs, but also helps to hydrate the skin and prevent dryness.
Key Product Features
- Designed by medical professionals with 70% USP-grade Ethyl Alcohol
- 100% Canadian
- Health Canada Licensed - NPN: 80097766
- Effective in destroying harmful bacteria to provide antiseptic cleansing.
- Kills harmful bacteria and germs.
- Our unique formulation is designed with Hyaluronic Acid to hydrate hands and prevent dry skin.
Hyaluronic Acid is a naturally occurring substance that intensely hydrates the skin and locks in moisture. Unlike most hand sanitizers, our formulation is enhanced with Hyaluronic Acid which means that it helps to hydrate your skin and prevent dry hands.
USP-Grade vs. Technical-Grade Ethanol
Technical-grade ethanol has been gaining increased attention amid health concerns and product recalls. In Kitchener-Waterloo, local hospitals are refusing to use sanitizers containing the ingredient, and more recently Health Canada has recalled six sanitizers containing technical-grade ethanol, citing that "the industrial-grade ethanol found in the products is not authorized for use in hand sanitizers and may contain impurities".
Recent testing has found that many hand sanitizers currently available have high levels of Benzene, a cancer-causing carcinogen, within their alcohol. Responsible brands, like Kalaya, only use safe USP medical-grade alcohol. Keep a look our for product recalls and published lists of brands identified with high levels of benzene.
USP-grade ethanol on the other hand is designed for food, drug and medicinal use and therefore has fewer impurities than technical-grade ethanol. It is the safest and preferred alcohol-type for sanitizers. As a medically directed company we have not, and will not, use technical-grade ethanol. Our Antiseptic Hand Sanitizer with Hyaluronic Acid is formulated with 70% USP-grade ethanol.
Advice for Prevention: COVID-19
We're following Health Canada's advice on hygiene practices to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, including proper hand-washing (tips below), avoiding touching your face and coughing or sneezing into a tissue or the bend of your arm, instead of in your hand. Find more information on prevention on the Government's website.
We've also found Dr. David Price's Talk empowering and helpful in these difficult times. We're following his advice to practice social distancing and practice proper hygiene.
Although hand-washing might seem like a simple task, you should follow these steps from Health Canada to thoroughly rid your hands of germs.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Alcohol-based hand cleansers, like our Antiseptic Hand Sanitizer with Hyaluronic Acid are useful when soap and water are not available.
- Wet your hands with warm water. Add soap and rub your hands together, ensuring you have lathered all surfaces for at least 20 seconds. Wash the front and back of your hands, as well as between your fingers and under your nails.
- Rinse your hands well under warm running water, using a rubbing motion.
- Wipe and dry your hands gently with a clean towel or a paper towel.
- If skin dryness is a problem, use a moisturizing lotion after washing your hands. We'd recommend one of our nourishing Body Butters or our hydrating Hand Cream.
Conçu par des professionnels de la santé pour l’hygiène personnelle des mains afin de prévenir la propagation de bactéries. Efficace pour détruire des bactéries (nocives) afin de procurer un nettoyage antiseptique. Tue des bactéries et microbes nocifs.
Selon les conseils de Health Canada, les Canadiens doivent continuer à réfléchir aux mesures qu'ils peuvent prendre pour rester en bonne santé et prévenir la propagation de la COVID-19 au Canada.
Une hygiène adéquate peut aider à réduire le risque de contracter ou de transmettre une infection :
- Lavez-vous les mains souvent avec de l'eau et du savon pendant au moins 20 secondes ou utilisez un désinfectant pour les mains à base d'alcool si vous n'avez pas accès à du savon et à de l'eau
- Toussez ou éternuez dans un papier-mouchoir ou dans le creux de votre bras, et non dans votre main.
- évitez de vous toucher les yeux, le nez ou la bouche sans vous être d'abord lavé les mains.
Let customers speak for us3871 reviews
very gentle on the skin, absorbs well
It is the best immediate relief for my shoulder and knee pain
Thought that it would be more relaxing. I had my spouse put it on his wrists in the afternoon to relax him, but maybe he needs a bit more. He has dementia. Will continue trying.
I absolutely love Breath Refresh. I’ve used it for about a year and will not be without it.
Used this all summer never peeled or got dry skin!
I absolutely love this product for my back spasms.Have been using it since first purchased from The Shopping Channel in Canada.. Now use it on my 90yo mother for her muscle pains.Very effective produce.So pleased to be able to order direct now Thabk You forsuch a great product and fast delivery
This was my second order from Kalaya. I was impressed by the service and the speed of my order. I am also pleased that this was a Canadian facility.